If you haven’t checked out a Beaba Babycook, I highly suggest you do so. It is one of the most valuable tools I’ve used while making my own baby food. You can read my full review here.
Several readers have emailed me, requesting recipes specific to the Babycook. Pretty much any food that you would steam, you can Babycook. Here’s one to get you started, a single serving (or 2) of applesauce.
- 1 large apple (I used a Honeycrisp, but consider McIntosh or Red Delicious, think sweet so you don’t have to add sugar)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Wash, core and slice apple (you can also peel apple for younger babies who might have a hard time digesting the skin)
- Fill Babycook water reservoir
- Place apple slices in steam basket
- Turn Babycook to “steam”
- Let Babycook complete steaming, about 15 minutes
- Empty steamed apples into the Babycook blender container and turn to “blend”.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon before serving and relish the moment when there aren’t many dishes to clean!
Does baby love applesauce or do you have a windfall of apples? (Tis the season!) Try my Slow Cooker Applesauce recipe!
Photo credit to A Million to One.